Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Marianne: musically devirginised

Left: Tegan(aka love of my life), right Sara (whom I also love). This wasn't one of our pictures by the way haha. You'll probably see them on Facebook within the week.


Tonight I lost my concert virginity to Tegan & Sara. It wasn't as scary as I thought it would be, they were gentle and attentive and knew just what i wanted to make me comfortable. Okay, I think I'm going to end this analogy here because it's getting a tad much haha. But really, they were so casual and cool, not needing no make up or fancy clothes added just an extra something to it. You know, that they only needed their music and charisma to get our attention.

What made me appreciate them even more was that they were true musicians; their main concern is the music and in every song expose the very essence of themselves to whoever out there is listening. It's really a beautiful thing to watch metres from you. We were in the second row and got to see their faces. hehheehehe. The singing and instruments was raw, the emotion was raw and hearing my favourite songs by them being played live the way it's meant to sound just made everything perfect! When they were singing Call it Off it just made me want to cry because it was just a summary of how amazing the whole show was. Where Does the Good Go will always be my favourite, it's the first song i heard from them therefore I associate with the fondest memories which usually is the case for most artists for me haha. The sound, lighting, conversation was so genuine and personal sometimes it felt like a few friends getting together and just jamming. And so that was my perfect night...except for this giraffe in front of us and her friend who kept sticking their butt out and rubbing it on us, also giraffe girl shielded my view of Sara the whole time which annoyed me sososo much.

Thanks so much to Jade and Sana, I couldn't ask for a better two people to share this with. Argh, I'm so in love with T & S, I just didn't want it to end. I wanted them to play me music and talk to me forever. Also we share the same humour. Soulmates! I can't wait till they come back already so we can 'do it' again ;)

1 comment:

  1. This post made me smile so much! You really captured the vibe of the whole concert, I promise to give you photos to put up as soon as I find my camera cable!

    ReplyDelete